Saturday, December 06, 2008

First Joke

Driving in the car today, Garrett asked me if I like "boo-boo gum". At first I thought he was asking about bubblegum; I've been known to chew it and blow bubbles unintentionally while I'm driving. But I wasn't chewing it. Then I thought he might be asking about the boo-boo on his knee for earlier in the week. "No" he told me "BOO - BOO GUM!" so I asked him "what's boo-boo gum". He answered "you know, the kind that the little ghost likes!"

I laughed out loud for a solid minute. He was surprised and asked why. I explained that he had told a joke. We laughed together.

This afternoon we went to a baseball themed birthday at a park in Claremont. Garrett played very well, including standing in line to bat three times. The only problem was that the birthday boy's dad wanted to make the bases easier to run, but Garrett insisted on running all the way to the regular bases. The group posed for a "team picture"

No comments: