Friday, October 28, 2005

Keeping Busy

We visited Dr Warren again today to check Garrett's eyes for infection. He has been having eye goop for about a week, but yesterday it was thicker and a yellowish-green. Dr Warren prescribed some eye drops to make sure that there isn't any infection, but it is most likely blocked tear ducts.

One of Andrea's Pilates colleagues, Vicky, came with her daughter, MacKenzie, to meet Garrett today. Vicky thought he looked so small even though MacKenzie was only 6 pounds 1 ounce when she was born. I guess one forgets how small they are! When Andrea was about 2 months pregnant we were driving with Vicky and her husband, Rick, and trying to describe the size of Garrett in the womb. And that's when he got his nickname, Gherkin, which Andrea and I used for him through the rest of the pregnancy. At the time he was the size of a little gherkin pickle. The day he was born I called him Gherkin more than Garrett, but now I only use it occasionally as a term of affection.



Today Garrett is 2 weeks old, and he weighes 6 pounds & 14 ounces, which is
close enough to his birth weight for Dr Warren. It has gone by so amazingly quickly. When I look back at the pictures from his birthdate, I can see that he has changed a little, but seeing him every day I don't notice the change. I'm sure it only speeds up from here.

Bonus pictures are of Andrea & Garrett

No comments: