Monday, November 14, 2005

The Most Extraordinary Month of My Life

Garrett Michael is one month old today! And what an incredible month it has been. According to our scale, he is 8 lbs 6 ounces today, but we are suspect because that would be an enormous increase since Friday. However, he does keep growing cuter by the day, which I did not think was possible.

Today was also my first day back to work, which was hard for me, but he seemed perfectly happy spending the day with only his mommy. Although yesterday afternoon he cried each time I left the room, he does not really know the difference as long as his needs are met, which Andrea handled beautifully today.

First they snuggled listening to lullabies. After that they ate breakfast and walked Katie. Then Garrett got a bath and a mommy mani-pedi. Next they snuggled on the bed until Garrett fell asleep. Andrea was able to sneak away and Garrett stayed asleep for 10 minutes, but then had to move to his bouncy chair in order to nap for an hour while Andrea got to shower and get ready, then clean up from the morning.

I came home for lunch and got to snuggle with Garrett. After I left, Andrea, Garrett & Katie took a long walk. Then Andrea took Garrett to InnerWorks and showed Garrett where he developed his love for bouncing while in the womb. Once I arrived home we put out the playmat for tummy time & play time while Mommy and Daddy cooked dinner. After we all ate, Garrett fell asleep on my chest, giving Andrea the chance to clean up a few things.

Our neighbors' younger dog, Sophia, is obsessed with Garrett. She used to come up to Andrea or I to say hello and be rubbed, but yesterday as I went out the back door with Katie, Sophia ran right past me to bark at the door for Garrett. Whenever Sophia comes over she sniffs his car seat if it is out and makes noise towards whoever is holding him. Apparently she formed a similar attachment to a young boy who used to live several houses down named Michael. Sophia liked to steal his pacifiers as a game. I actually saw one in their house on Saturday, yet Michael moved away several years ago. I'm sure once Garrett grows old enough to play with Sophia she'll have a new best friend!

No comments: